Monday, April 5, 2010

MacKenzie Taylor- Where did the last 18 years go?

Dear MacKenzie:

Tomorrow you turn eighteen.... I have been consumed by thoughts of the past eighteen years for months now. It has been like a countdown in my mind, and in my heart. The moment that always seemed so far off in the distance has arrived(QUICKLY) and truthfully all I want to do is turn back the hands of time somehow.

I know that you are aware of the details of your birth- You know that you were not planned.... But you must also know with complete certainty that I could not have planned anything as absolutely breathtaking, amazingly beautiful, completely perfect as you. From the moment you arrived in this world and made me your mommy I have never NOT had you on my mind and in my heart, you are my soul and as you got older and life got tough you became my rock --my supporter, my shoulder to lean on - to cry on- to just hold close.

You are my child, but Kenzie, from about the age of 4 you really were the most mature person in the room. :) I have learned so much from you, far more I am afraid than I have taught...

I have tried my best- I have always taken my job as your mom very seriously and never wanted you to be at a disadvantage because I was merely 17 when you were born- I spent alot of time worrying about how the world would receive you, would they treat you different, expect less of you or not give you the same opportunities because of MY age. I needed not worry because any preconceptions the world may have had of you based upon me being a teenage mom, you have shattered with the sheer essence of just being YOU.

Kenzie you dont know how to fail. You succeed at everything you attempt and always bring 150% of your effort your drive and your heart to every opportunity you are faced with.

To say I am proud is an understatement- I am in awe.
I love you with my whole heart and though I know I was here for 17 years before you arrived- My life began with the first beat of your heart and I am so grateful for every single moment with you. As you move into this next phase of your life please know that I am here for you, with you, and will always be your biggest supporter, your feircest protector, your number 1 fan.
I am blessed to be able to call you mine-

Happy eighteenth birthday sweet girl-
I love you more than the most!!!!

Mom

1 comment: