Thursday, March 18, 2010

All Grown UP (well almost)

Just when I think that maybe my kids are growing up too fast, their childhoods fading away in front of me, I am reminded in some undeniable way that they are indeed still CHILDREN :)

Once again, while sitting at work, my cell phone rings and Sawyer's name flashes on my screen. I pause for a moment and wonder what possible dilemma could be prompting her call this time(She only calls incase of serious emergency***) For proof of this, see my previous post about her forgetting her sports bra for a basketball game......

Shaking my head(in advance) and holding my breath- I answer tenatively....."Yes?"

"Mommy"

Ok there's my first clue

"Mommy, we are at the field(softball) waiting for practice to begin and I really need to use the bathroom- Kenzie says she wont drive me to a bathroom and i have to use the port-a-potty..."

"Mommy- PLLLLLEASSSSEEE make her drive me to a REAL bathroom.... There is other people's poop in there......"

I have to laugh out loud- between the use of "Mommy" and the pathetic whine in her voice I am indeed reminded that no matter how much she protests otherwise- she is not YET all grown-up.

1 comment: