Monday, March 8, 2010

Getting her wings

A few Saturday evenings ago, We(all of us), Jeremy and I, Kenzie, Bennett, Ian. Ethan, Ya-ya and Opah got dressed up and attended a formal ROTC dinner with our guest of honor- SAWYER :)
Sawyer is truly a beautiful girl and I have always been very proud of her numerous accomplishments with school and sports... she is an amazing kid. But there was definitely something special about this evening. Seeing Sawyer, my beautiful sixteen year old daughter, usually a bit of a rebel, dressed in her ROTC dress uniform- I was taken back.

She looked older somehow, wiser, more mature. She very much looked the part. Sawyer is only a junior in highschool, but she has some pretty serious intentions of following this into the next phase of her life. Either by trying to gain admittance to the AirForce Accademy or enlisting.

I must admit, the idea of this becoming a reality absolutely terriffies me and at the same time I would be ONE AMAZINGLY PROUD MOM!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I share in your feelings about this. The pride wins over though for me. What great kids you have!

    ReplyDelete