Sunday, March 21, 2010

Anybody have a wire hanger?

ARGH
ARGH ARGH
ARGH ARGH ARGH

I have said it before, and I know that I will say it again.... But around here, it truly is ALWAYS something. . . . Today, Jeremy and I managed to escape the house and the kids and go out on a "date".... It was great :)

We enjoyed our time, had lunch and went to IMAX, talked a little about the necessary stuff when running a house and raising kids- primarily the always challenging budget. . . . We are about to sail right into birthday season 5 of the 6 kids plus Jeremy and I have our birthdays in the next 3 1/2 months. Plus Easter, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, One highschool graduation and subsequent get ready for college- - - A second teenage driver, summer clothes, plus all of the stuff we still want to get for the new house....

Somehow- we managed to discuss this, keep in in perspective and come home feeling refreshed and with a renewed energy and sense of humor for what is coming our way- - -

ITS A DAMN GOOD THING TOO!!

I swear to you we were home for MAYBE ten minutes and Kenzie and Sawyer come rushing into our room, hands over their mouths looking quite guilty- and proceeded to sheepishly explain that they ACCIDENTALLY locked the only set of keys we have in "their" car. . .

I look at Jeremy and I can see the dollar signs flashing in his eyes-
To his credit though, he remained incredibly calm and quite insistent that he would take care of this. . . and about 2 hours later- Wire coat hanger in hand , he did just that.

What a good man!!
I love my baby- love my kids- and even though it can be trying I have to admit- I love the insanity that comes with raising our family :)

2 comments:

  1. OH yeah. Dan has done this several times for us. errr me. all he needed was a butter knife and a wire coat hanger. Go Jeremy!! Glad that you were able to have a date :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a good man for sure! now he just needs to teach sawyer and kenzie how to do it themselves! it was on my dad's list of required pre-driving skills, along with checking and adding oil and changing a tire :)

    ReplyDelete