Friday, March 26, 2010

Reflection

I have a tendency to over analyze, pick apart, and obsess about just about any situation- It is one of the things that I dislike MOST about myself..... I am always looking for the meaning in things, and the HIDDEN meaning. I know this is a bad habit to get into and that it really can be destructive to relationships- and yet I do it ..... ALOT.

This has been a LONG week. I have been picking apart and obsessing about things for days.

And then tonight, about the time I stopped concentrating on all of the things that could be "wrong" and lurking just below the surface- I was surprised with the most wonderful, simple, and peaceful evening I can remember in a long time... For once my mind is racing about absolutely nothing. I am relaxed, I am at peace, I am happy :)

You might wonder what specatcular, amazing, things put me in this blissful place....

A hand in hand walk after work with my man, a very sweet(laid back) conversation, A slushee from Sonic, 2 slices of thincrust pepperoni pizza, and a nice hot bath......

It really is the simple things in life that recharge me, make me feel connected and reaffirm what I always know but forget sometimes to remember- Life is good and I am a lucky girl :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see this and see that you are HAPPY!! I can't wait to get to know you more, and continue to read these wonderful things. I'm certain we will be friends for life...
    Love, Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful. It is the small things that make me the most happy too. Sounds like the perfect date to me!

    ReplyDelete