Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Chaos in Perpetual Motion.....

I have decided that life at our house most closely resembles boot camp or summer camp or one of those ridiculously patterned, scheduled, regimented places......

For about a minute before all hell breaks loose....

I have a calender posted in the kitchen with a full month's worth of meals posted.... The kids come in and scan the calender, arguing about what the date is and either cheer and high five eachother or look up at me with disdain if not fear......

Next to the meal calander is a list of our Top Ten house rules.....

Underneath that is our chore chart :)

Laundry is a disaster and all attempts by me to "Stay on top of it" are failing miserably and we are considering assigning laundry days.... Im not convinced- but I am contemplating.....

I love the concept of them doing their own laundry on assigned days- Im not sure the reality will be something I can handle.......

Packing lunches everynight for 7 is quite the streamlined effort- and we definitely have given the term "buying in bulk" a reality check.....

It takes us a full 45 minutes to make the rounds- tuck kids in- talk about their days- and get in a little cuddle time.....

The cat and the dog are showing signs of being gender as well as species confused and they take turns eating eachother's food but .......

There is NEVER a dull moment- hell there is hardly a quiet moment.....

But still- I LOVE IT :)

2 comments: