Friday, January 8, 2010

Life is good

I am thankful.

I truly need to take a moment and reflect back about where my life was a year ago. 6 months ago. 3 months ago. Even 1 month ago. So much has changed that it would actually be easier to list the things that havent changed. And even those I could probably count on one hand.

I could never have imagined the events that have transpired to get me to where I am today.

I not only have a job, I have a very good job. One that challenges me and has room for growth both personally and financially.
I did not have this 4 months ago.

I have a beautiful home. In a safe, wonderful neighborhood. It is truly my dream home and it is filled with activity and noise(just the way I like it most of the time)
I did not have this at this time last month.

I have my mom and dad near by, moments away, I am able to see them and spend time with them at a moments notice.
I did not have this at this time last year.

I have a sense of stability, the opportunity to exhale and not worry about the next thing coming at me. I say I have the opportunity because I have to remind myself of this reality alot right now. But it IS there. Mine for the taking :)
I didnt have this 24 weeks ago :) (thank you Jeremy)

I have two wonderful additions to my "Mommy heart"
I love those boys and couldnt love them more if I had delivered them myself.
I didnt have them in this capacity a month ago.

I have a wonderful, loving, sweet, giving, funny man who is teaching me about real love for the first time in my life.
I have never had this before.

Life is good-
I am developing an attitude of gratitude :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Sometimes it is easy to take things for granted... until you look back -- good for you!

    ReplyDelete