Monday, January 4, 2010

Looking in the mirror

I want to step outside my own mind for just a moment.......

I can see the outside world- but I am shackled inside
Left to my own devices
Chasing dreams that have died

Alone with the ghosts
Of those whom i once knew
Sorting out the past
No longer certain of what's true

Craving the warmth of sunlight
Cowering in the dark
Rubbing stones together
Just to see the spark

Talking to the voices
That reside inside my head
Listening quite intently
To every word thats said

Im not crazy
Just ready to end the fight
Waging war on myself
Gravitating towards the light

The path is here in front of me
Right beneath my feet
Looking into the mirror
Uncertain of who I will meet

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy you are writing again. I am so happy that I am able to read it again. you are so talented. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete