Thursday, January 7, 2010

Standing on the moon...........

I have read somewhere that it takes 21 days to develop a habit.

I am desperately in need of an "outlook makeover"..... And I know that they only one who can provide that makeover to my psyche is me.

By nature I have always been an optimist- life has started to take its toll on me recently and I have indulged in one too many pity parties and stopped short of taking time to realize all of the blessings in my life.

So here I am- declaring to the world(or atleast all 4 of my followers) that I am vowing to change the way I act and REACT to things. That I am going to remember to "not sweat the small stuff"..... to take time to count to ten.... to "stand on the moon"........

When I am faced with a problem that seems too big for me to work my way through- my mom has often said to me "Stand up on the moon" She reminds me to visualize myself standing on the moon, looking back at Earth. And from that prespective is whatever thats "got me down" even visible. It's a drop in the bucket- Not worth the energy I give it.....


21 days>>>> lets see if it works-

1 comment:

  1. Are you secretly writing this to me undercover as Fork In The Road? :) You took the words right out of my mouth.

    Usually I am the fixer, the doer, the happiest one, outgoing, wouldn't go as far as to say eternal optomist but you get my point.

    Recently my bucket filled up and someone dumped it out. Since I have been trying to pick up the pieces quickly before I push everyone and everything away.

    I've felt very alone during this whole time. I have learned a lot about myself and more importantly how to help someone else when sometimes they just have the blues.

    21 Days? Sounds like a good goal! 21 Days it is!

    ReplyDelete